Fundamental Moral & Ethical Tenets
Two Birds Church emphasizes two core types of tenets, each serving a unique role in the spiritual and ethical lives of our members: ‘Tenets of Faith’ and ‘Fundamental Moral & Ethical Tenets’. We discussed ‘Tenets of Faith’ in the previous topic, so let’s jump into the 2nd type of tenets.
‘Fundamental Moral & Ethical Tenets’ are principles of right and wrong behavior that serve as a moral compass guiding our interactions within the church, the wider community, and the world. These tenets translate our spiritual beliefs into practical actions and attitudes, reflecting our commitment to universal moral values such as respect, love, safety, freedom, and equality. They form the ethical framework within which our members live out their spiritual beliefs in their daily lives.
Two Birds and its members live by these universal moral truths, common to many global religions and cultures. We honor each individual’s right to identify their unique spiritual path. Engagement in Church activities and ceremonies helps deepen connections to one’s unique spirit and to God, facilitating personal growth and spiritual health.
One critical component of our Church activities is the sacramental use of Ayahuasca tea, a practice deeply tied to the spiritual experiences of our members. Ayahuasca is not just a plant but a teacher, a guiding spirit helping us live a more connected, healthy, and spiritual life. Each member has the right to participate in our Ayahuasca ceremonies, using this sacred sacrament to further their spiritual journey.
We also deeply respect and uphold the fundamental worth and God-given rights of all people, a belief mirrored in many faiths worldwide. We believe in the rights to choose one’s own truths, to be born free, to be respected, to live without persecution or abuse, and to feel safe and loved. All people are equal, have the right to walk their own path, and to practice their spirituality, worship and observance as they see fit. We also uphold the right of all people to fresh air, clean water, and healthy food.
These principles and tenets are integral to the Two Birds Church community, shaping our spiritual practices, informing our ethical actions, and fostering a compassionate and spiritually vibrant environment. These principles are further explained as follows:
- Ayahuasca embodies a spirit that mirrors the essence of the universe, similar to a single drop within the ocean; distinct, yet inherently a part of the greater whole.
- Through sacramental use of this plant spirit, we are able to connect with both the inner and outer self.
- Every member has the right to participate in our ceremonies.
- As a teacher, Ayahuasca is an integral part of our Church.
- As a teacher, Ayahuasca can help us to live a more connected, healthy and spiritual life but does not directly change us; she allows us to make those changes ourselves.
The Sacred Rights of All People
- All People have the right to choose their own truths.
- All People are born Free.
- All People have the right to be respected.
- All People have the right to not be abused, persecuted.
- All People have the right to be safe.
- All People are equal.
- All People have the right to feel love.
- All People have the right to walk their own path.
- All People have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.
- All People have the right, alone or in community, to practice their spiritually, worship and observance as seen fit.
- All People have the right to fresh air, clean water, and healthy food.